Wednesday 12 January 2011

What I have Learnt

I have thoroughly enjoyed this project and learnt a huge amount. I have progressed current skills and developed lots of new ones. I mostly developed my modelling skills. I really enjoyed this as modelling is one of my favourite things to do. I also recapped some rigging and developed my knowledge on that, however i do not think my rigging was very successful. A new skill that i learnt was UV mapping and texturing. UV mapping took me a while to get the hang of but i eventually got there and enjoyed it. One of the things that i enjoyed most was the camera work, I had never really used cameras in maya before considering this I think that I picked it up fairly well. Although the final camera work may be weak I learnt a lot. I am looking forward to developing these skills further over the next project. However a big improvement would be time management, this is something that will definitely change for the next project. For this project it took a while before the ball got rolling which meant putting in a lot of long hours towards the end. So next time I'm definitely going to get on top of the project early on.

Overall I thought this project was extremely beneficial to my learning and has prepared me for future projects. I am very happy with the final product. I think that we worked extremely well as a group, we communicated well and had a very good work ethic. Which were big contributing factors to creating a good standard of work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment